With a surge in positive case rates spreading across the Northland, TCS is dedicated to doing all that we can to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests and staff. With the Governor’s latest Executive Order (EO 20-96) new restrictions have been put on bars in the effort to stop the spread of COVID-19. Thankfully, not much will change for TCS as we have already been operating with many of the new Stay Safe Minnesota requirements already implemented.
While the physical changes to our space are pretty minimal, you may notice them right away. The latest Executive Order requires that all guests be seated, meaning that all bar seating and standing games (pool, darts, foosball, and ping pong) have been removed or shut down for the time being. With that, we’ll also have to ask that all golfers do not bring guests with them into our suites. For the time being, only folks using our Sims will be allowed back into the Sim Bays.
Mask Up, MN
Additionally, with this COVID-19 Business Update there is a pretty big ask we’re going to make of all guests and golfers moving forward: mask up – all the time. Essentially, we’re asking everyone to act as our staff have: only briefly removing their mask to take a drink or a bite. We understand that the norm at bars and restaurants has been that once seated you can remove your mask at will for the entirety of your visit and that this shift may take time to adjust to. To ensure that we may remain open and that all those who visit may remain safe & healthy we ask you to be our partner in this effort to wear masks to prevent the spread of COVID-19 within our facility, our neighborhood, and our beautiful port city.
Key requirements of the updated Industry Guidance for Restaurants and Bars state that all Minnesota bars & restaurants are expected to:
- Adopt and implement a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan (to read through TCS’ COVID-19 Preparedness Plan Click Here);
- Close the establishment to on-premises consumption of food or beverages between 10pm and 4am;
- Limit Indoor occupant capacity to no more than 50% up to 150 people (our bar has been operating well below this threshold due to stringent social distancing standards for our table seating);
- Do not allow seating at bars or counters;
- Ensure a minimum of 6 feet physical distance between parties;
- Limit part size to 10 people;
- Strongly recommend seating no more than three households together per party;
- Require patrons in all areas to be seated;
- Do not allow patrons to dance;
- Do not allow patrons to use games or entertainment devices that require patrons to leave their seats (hence, the removal of all pool/darts/etc); and
- Require reservations.
TCS has had updated HVAC filtration systems in place since August, but we still need your help in preventing community spread. As always, if you have any questions about this COVID-19 business update or anything else feel free to reach out to email@example.com.